In ‘Kick start your blogging’ activity 6, we have to embed some media in a blog post.
I love trying out new things with students so decided to create a ToonDoo cartoon. I had been to the site before, but I always have problems finding the embed code. Same thing happened today.
So to find your embed code once you have created and saved a Toondoo.
- Go back to your log in page at Toondoo.
- Hover over Toons in top left corner.
- Click on My Toons then click on the toon you want to embed.
- Underneath the cartoon you have created are 13 icons representing various things you can do with your Toon.
Can you guess which icon represents the embed code?
Yep the one <>, just like you see in the code when you put it in your post.
- Click on the double arrow icon, and the word copied will appear.
- Immediately go to your post where you have already written everything you need, including tags and categories.
- Change the editor from visual to HTML.
- Paste in the code you now have by using Ctrl V.
- Immediately hit Publish. DON”T change back to visual editor or you might lose the embed code and have to put it in again.